Reality Over Dreams
Here I lie in my once silk lined granite casket,
aware that I've been a long time dead.
Why have the living entered my place of resting,
why do they speak so I can hear what's said?
Years have passed since I breathed my last,
it must be time to live once more.
Fresh blood must be sought and savoured,
to inspire and energise me to the core.
Oh, the thought of those beautiful people,
I do so yearn for their embrace.
Their pale soft skin and sweet devotion,
nothing compares to their sweet taste.
The flowing stream of life giving liquid,
so thick, so smooth, so worth dying for.
The soul's only elixir for its eternal journey,
who could ask for anything more.
I feel the vibration of movement above me,
the covering stone is sliding free.
Eternity demands to see the Prince of Darkness,
quickly now, the world is waiting for me.
I have a thirst to die for and smell life so close.
I'll soon be free from this cold damp prison,
above me the light of a lantern shines like the moon.
'Quick before he awakes, the stake must be driven! ! ! '
Orlando Belo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality Over Dreams by Orlando Belo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza