Reality Over Dreams
Here I lie in my once silk lined granite casket,
aware that I've been a long time dead.
Why have the living entered my place of resting,
why do they speak so I can hear what's said?
Years have passed since I breathed my last,
it must be time to live once more.
Fresh blood must be sought and savoured,
to inspire and energise me to the core.
Oh, the thought of those beautiful people,
I do so yearn for their embrace.
Their pale soft skin and sweet devotion,
nothing compares to their sweet taste.
The flowing stream of life giving liquid,
so thick, so smooth, so worth dying for.
The soul's only elixir for its eternal journey,
who could ask for anything more.
I feel the vibration of movement above me,
the covering stone is sliding free.
Eternity demands to see the Prince of Darkness,
quickly now, the world is waiting for me.
I have a thirst to die for and smell life so close.
I'll soon be free from this cold damp prison,
above me the light of a lantern shines like the moon.
'Quick before he awakes, the stake must be driven! ! ! '
Orlando Belo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality Over Dreams by Orlando Belo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- My life is in danger, gajanan mishra
- Reading Monet At Midnight, mary douglas
- vo na jane kya samajh tha.., Kamar Alam
- Refugees, Hardik Vaidya
- My Faberge Egg Is Hatching Little Stars, mary douglas
- Languages, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Definitions, Hardik Vaidya
- Without thorn, gajanan mishra
- No Muted Merry Christmas Angels Sang, mary douglas
- Fear Always Not Harmful, Asit Kumar Sanyal