Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Reap the fine greenish crops while you are young! (Extended version)
Sweet words as fertile land, charities as seeds,
abstaining the weeds of stern and harsh words,
Manuring with truthfulness, watering with kindness,
Producing sheaf of virtue, reap the excellent and fine
greenish crops as and while you are young!
My father was an example for such virtue,
He was the only son with four sisters for his father
who earned enough properties for him last forever,
He used to issue the due paddy to the Government
For fair price; the same price for the poor and needy!
Where others sell it for higher price, getting the curse,
He was appointed as Trustee and Chairman, Board of trustee
For maintaining the local temples of both Vishnu and Goddess Mariyamman,
He lived with virtues of sweet words, truthfulness and kindness,
Honored by everyone in his village and loved by everybody!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.