I should find a reason to get out of bed,
try my best to move my legs.
I should put clean clothes on,
but the washing machine is already full,
and I've forgotten
how to turn the damn thing on.
I don't think time has a place in me.
I should brush my hair
but know the brush will take offence.
I should feel something more, anything
but it's icy inside my soul
and I'm begining to like it that way.
I should forget like a child
upon the first day of school
but still it hurts me so.
I should find a way to pick the letters up
that have littered the floor,
but there will just be more tomorrow.
I should put a plaster on my cut
but it's funny for the first time,
I don't seem to have any.
I should find away to close this book
to stop and start again
but I can't find it in me to.
I should look for a way to say goodbye
and see things in light anew.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reason by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal