RECALL... FEB 7TH,2013
RECALL … FEB 7TH,2013
Canadian politicians like all politicians dread recall,
That's why it's not allowed in Canada or even City Hall,
So how do we get rid of useless drunken politicians?
Because none of them will allow recall under any conditions.
So a system of recall should be inaugurated now,
But our party-bound politicians will refuse and disallow,
And it's even worse in the Senate where they were not elected,
Appointed by the prime minister and secretly selected.
So Canada needs a new Constitution and the sooner the better,
No more political appointees so fire them all with a letter,
Where recall is allowed and everyone up there is elected,
Admit it and fix it - improve it so that we are protected.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (RECALL... FEB 7TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)