Lawrence S. Pertillar
Recommended They Should React
The one coming forward with an explanation,
Of that which was previously said...
To upset the ones objecting to the comments,
Had an intention to correct misunderstandings...
But the one deciding to express an apology,
With a corrected explanation to lower the heat...
Tries to impress with a selected intellect,
With a smile to ensure no one comprehends...
And they don't.
Those listening eventually are seen nodding,
As if approving in agreement...
That it's pointless and no reason to remain offended.
Especially if no one remembers what it was said,
As the rumors and gossip fades in their heads.
Or who it was that recommended they should react,
Ignorantly and with defiance to something not a fact.
Yet no one understood but all felt they should respond.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Recommended They Should React by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- Paper publisher, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah