a bird peers down from
my neighbor’s roof, waiting for
my silence to fall.
where there were five trees
are now three; survivors morn,
buzz-saw’s anger quenched.
softly clear water
falls; brown to green rising, coaxed
into life again.
Steven Federle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reconciled by Steven Federle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Destiny, Jesus James Llorico
- Another Sunset, Jesus James Llorico
- Time and Distance, Michael Mira
- A JUNKYARD WAR حرب الخردة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Demon Eyes, Jeri Martindale
- Monsoon magic: Green Scene, Roann Mendriq
- Monsoon magic: Rain of tears, Roann Mendriq
- sPeLLed - NO SIGHN OF BLUNT FORCE, sEaN nOrTh
- Eastwoodesque, James Thomas Miller
- limerick update, lee fones