I’m a Ford Fiesta, painted light blue,
With, may I add, a metallic hue.
I’m a cute little car and I’m pretty smart;
I’m a car which ranks pretty high in the charts.
As I ride on the back of the recovery truck,
I feel as if I am pretty down on my luck.
For me, the future looks pretty uncertain:
For me, I hope it’s not the final curtain.
I served my owner for quite a few years;
Little did I know it would all end in tears.
I used to love driving along the roads,
Carrying passengers and their various loads.
I used to wait for them outside the shops,
And, outside schools, I would often stop.
I would drive along for many a mile,
Sharing their lives and the odd smile.
I loved life with them: I felt I belonged,
So, I’m wondering where it all went so wrong.
I hadn’t any dents and was as good as new;
I just can’t believe that our relationship’s through.
I am feeling unloved, alone, and so lost;
Surely my body isn’t gonna be squashed?
My once warm engine is now stone cold,
And now I’m wondering what my future holds.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Recovery by Angela Wybrow )
- Behind The Mountains, Bismark Sosu
- Sonnet # 530, Luis Estable
- Jesus saw something in me that others fa.., Royston Allen
- Seasons Away, Bismark Sosu
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- The Bench, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)