I’m a Ford Fiesta, painted light blue,
With, may I add, a metallic hue.
I’m a cute little car and I’m pretty smart;
I’m a car which ranks pretty high in the charts.
As I ride on the back of the recovery truck,
I feel as if I am pretty down on my luck.
For me, the future looks pretty uncertain:
For me, I hope it’s not the final curtain.
I served my owner for quite a few years;
Little did I know it would all end in tears.
I used to love driving along the roads,
Carrying passengers and their various loads.
I used to wait for them outside the shops,
And, outside schools, I would often stop.
I would drive along for many a mile,
Sharing their lives and the odd smile.
I loved life with them: I felt I belonged,
So, I’m wondering where it all went so wrong.
I hadn’t any dents and was as good as new;
I just can’t believe that our relationship’s through.
I am feeling unloved, alone, and so lost;
Surely my body isn’t gonna be squashed?
My once warm engine is now stone cold,
And now I’m wondering what my future holds.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Recovery by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Empty Nights, Michael P. McParland
- You Are......, Michael P. McParland
- आतंकवाद और उसका मज़हब (Terrorism and its.., Pawan Kumar Bharti
- Your Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- Enemies., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Room of Lust, Dorsey Baker