REFERENDUMS FORBIDDEN IN CANADA... SEP 22ND 2013
If we had propositions like the Americans, what would we like?
Can’t have these changes because our politicians would spike,
But we should at least have binding referendums like the Swiss,
These changes too; disciplined party politicians would dismiss.
We need to have a plebiscite about our first past the post,
Counting election votes where the loosers quite often win the most,
Should we have Supreme Court appointees elected to that post?
And senators elected to the Senate for four years at the most?
Could we get judicial reviews where we could check stuff out?
Because some judicial decisions leave many of us in doubt,
Should we rewrite Trudeau’s Charter to get it all straight?
Is anyone listening or reading or is it all too late?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (REFERENDUMS FORBIDDEN IN CANADA... SEP 22ND 2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Seminars, Mark Heathcote
- Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Im not her, Brianna Kimball
- LIKE AN EAGLE, Romeo Della Valle
- My eyes feel like cactus flowers, Jena Crowe
- No Escape From Hidden Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Demons, Brianna Kimball
- Multi-Tasker, douglas scotney
- Bottom Feeders, douglas scotney
- Love is Like a Painting, Paul Hartal