REFERENDUMS SEPT 8TH,2012
REFERENDUMS Sept 8th,2012
Binding referendums are the flashpoint of future change,
Why are they so difficult to arrange and extremely strange?
Why do our appointees and politicians just smile and walk away?
Why are media moguls so careful in what they write and say?
Binding referendums and death with dignity are banned,
Why are these, never even whispered by the higher command?
It's a graphic demonstration that our democracy is an illusion,
Or is it that our aristocrats are in collusion?
Because change is also forbidden by the higher ups,
They want no interruptions to their lifestyles deluxe,
And binding referendums could give power to the crowds,
This might change things for those who live in the clouds.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (REFERENDUMS SEPT 8TH,2012 by James Bredin )
- Thankful For You KP, Michael McParland
- My Baby She's Flying, Little Eagle McGowan
- Change with quality, hasmukh amathalal
- Alone, Emily Krauss
- Hope, Emily Krauss
- Behavior speaks, hasmukh amathalal
- Holding The Sunlight, Emily Krauss
- Good but naughty, hasmukh amathalal
- Cool Storms, Emily Krauss
- Total Cigarette, Emily Krauss
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)