REFERENDUMS SEPT 8TH,2012
REFERENDUMS Sept 8th,2012
Binding referendums are the flashpoint of future change,
Why are they so difficult to arrange and extremely strange?
Why do our appointees and politicians just smile and walk away?
Why are media moguls so careful in what they write and say?
Binding referendums and death with dignity are banned,
Why are these, never even whispered by the higher command?
It's a graphic demonstration that our democracy is an illusion,
Or is it that our aristocrats are in collusion?
Because change is also forbidden by the higher ups,
They want no interruptions to their lifestyles deluxe,
And binding referendums could give power to the crowds,
This might change things for those who live in the clouds.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (REFERENDUMS SEPT 8TH,2012 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave