James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
REFERENDUMS SEPT 8TH,2012
REFERENDUMS Sept 8th,2012
Binding referendums are the flashpoint of future change,
Why are they so difficult to arrange and extremely strange?
Why do our appointees and politicians just smile and walk away?
Why are media moguls so careful in what they write and say?
Binding referendums and death with dignity are banned,
Why are these, never even whispered by the higher command?
It's a graphic demonstration that our democracy is an illusion,
Or is it that our aristocrats are in collusion?
Because change is also forbidden by the higher ups,
They want no interruptions to their lifestyles deluxe,
And binding referendums could give power to the crowds,
This might change things for those who live in the clouds.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.