Alas! I am not a refugee
who is refused by by the people of this world
but lovable to God.
God has given us one earth
but person with lust of power
have made me a refugee
It is not my tragedy
but tragedy of this world
who have sketched a line on sand
that can be blown at a moment
Hey! people of this world
why do you sketch such lines
that become reason for blood shedding.
What is the need of such lines
which beget thousand of homeless
Who are you,
to alienate a mother from her child
only the reason is, you are in majority
in the name of caste, creed, race or religion
or you may define your culture to be supreme
but where and how?
God has created all lands and lives
Under your tutelage, you alienated my mother
or made me to lead an undefined life
A great sin! A great sin!
God will never forgive you
ramesh rai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Refugee by ramesh rai )
Did you read them?
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry