Politics, religion, all the same lies.
All the same people climbing this world
for all the same highs.
One tell us to hug, the other to fight,
forgive and yet stand for our rights.
the same old moth eaten pillows
with the same old stuffing.
One to tell us to pray the other
to vote, both impacts us more then we know.
I see no difference between them at all.
Both have made us bleed and doubt what we do.
Both are born from death and greed,
making us feel guilty and ashamed
for thinking like wolves and not sheep.
Both tell us to do what they want,
neither will tell the truth,
one need us to be weak,
the other not to think.
Both have their hand in the pot
grabbing for the last cookie.
I just don't see
the difference between the two.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Religion/Politics, Politics/Religon by maria goodison )
- 1 [Tears] (Neverending Poetry - Personal.., Lenny Orlando Camacho
- You're The Best..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Only In My Dreams (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)