Need to feed, reluctant to be fed,
Is paradox where intellect attracts.
Comb[in]ing cause effect for hidden tracks
Opens patterns which help thInk ahead.
Leaving double bind behind, mind's led
Away from déjà vu's stark whites and blacks.
Transparency and harmony she lacks
As trust now's earned, a narrow path to tread.
Years past did count the cost, by mirages bled.
Look forward, sow, as life's flow interacts
On feelings fresh emotions mesh, no cracks,
Reactions to response tune heart to head.
Nurtured may true sentiments take root,
Then flourish there, their boughs may bear full fruit.
Neutrality is not her cup of tea.
Intelligence creative and aware
Cannot stagnate, won't simply stop and stare.
Open mind needs visibility
Links in to wave lengths very few can key,
Answers which should new advance prepare,
To change dimensions, while defensive layer
At last could soften, leaving spirit free.
Yet though the quest for self discovery
Lends hope to scope to answer inner prayer
Only though self-acceptance may one dare
Respond entirely with integrity.
Never content within the status quo,
The why and wherefore one must ever know.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Reluctant by Jonathan ROBIN )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Charm invests a face, Emily Dickinson
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- An English Girl, So Beautiful And Lovely!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza
- English Culture Cannot Be Multi-Culti, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza