Funny how soon we forget,
times that have past,
memories that didn't last...
As cold and dark as a day could be,
black and grey was all we could see.
Hard to breath...how could this be?
...get me out of this place!
Can't keep the pace.
Burning people everywhere,
I need air.
And I'm scared!
I'm on fire and I'm cold.
Gone are my dreams of growing old.
...truth be told.
Is there a chance,
for one last dance?
Wait, there's a light throught that hole.
It pierces my soul!
But it's too far down,
I can't see the ground...
not what I thought it would be...
Please tell me you see!
...funny how soon we forget,
times that have past
and memories that didn't last.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Wade Greenway )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp