Make your poems Memorable,
That's what I say.
No need to be incredible,
Just let them play.
Read them with your inner voice,
Write them that way too.
Hear the music in those words,
This I'm telling You.
In ancient times these poems were songs
Remembered off by heart.
At least you'd call them statements,
Knowledge to impart.
Iambic metre's very common yes,
And so of course is rhyme:
To make these verses remembered
Through the course of time.
Yet verse is best as poetry,
Lyrical if you will.
We have to write with feeling,
And give the reader a thrill.
Paul Butters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Remember by Paul Butters )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas