Make your poems Memorable,
That's what I say.
No need to be incredible,
Just let them play.
Read them with your inner voice,
Write them that way too.
Hear the music in those words,
This I'm telling You.
In ancient times these poems were songs
Remembered off by heart.
At least you'd call them statements,
Knowledge to impart.
Iambic metre's very common yes,
And so of course is rhyme:
To make these verses remembered
Through the course of time.
Yet verse is best as poetry,
Lyrical if you will.
We have to write with feeling,
And give the reader a thrill.
Paul Butters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Remember by Paul Butters )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen
- It Pushes It Out, Luis Estable
- Vatsyayana, You Had No Book To Write, Bu.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blood Is Never Water, Luis Estable
- I Have Known It Well, Luis Estable
- मुसाफिर हूँ, तेरे दिल में बसेरा मांगता हूँ, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra