Remember those who went before; as believers in Christ our Lord.
Remember men who gave their life, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Those early soldiers of the cross, giving their lives to reach the lost.
In Christ’s power men would embark, upon a battle against the dark.
Remember the cloud of witnesses; God’s inspiration to men like us.
Those who in faith went on before, to serve our Eternal Living Lord.
They left their land and all they knew, as a witness for me and you.
On a new journey they would trod, looking for that city built by God.
Remember also the Cross of Christ; and how He died to give us life.
His Glorious Throne He set aside, then hung upon a cross and died.
He set His heart and mind to fulfill, not His own but His Father’s will.
He went to a tree from His Throne, to secure for us an eternal home.
Remember all the disciples’ start, and how God changed their heart,
At times faithless and unsure, but ended bold witnesses of The Lord.
All but one of them lost their life, for the bold witness of Jesus Christ.
God used their witness as the birth, of what today is Christ’s Church.
As we remember those of the past, let us make a mark that will last,
Let us too glorify Christ our Lord, as the others who went on before.
Then others will remember when, we too were saved as sinful men,
To continue on in this New Life, while leading others to Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Bob Gotti )
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
- The Only Key, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- A cry from a child, Zintle Groepe
- Hope Again., Tracee Olga
- If, Zintle Groepe
- Look at eyes! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- I'll Be Leaving, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Lob, Edward Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)