Remember those who went before; as believers in Christ our Lord.
Remember men who gave their life, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Those early soldiers of the cross, giving their lives to reach the lost.
In Christ’s power men would embark, upon a battle against the dark.
Remember the cloud of witnesses; God’s inspiration to men like us.
Those who in faith went on before, to serve our Eternal Living Lord.
They left their land and all they knew, as a witness for me and you.
On a new journey they would trod, looking for that city built by God.
Remember also the Cross of Christ; and how He died to give us life.
His Glorious Throne He set aside, then hung upon a cross and died.
He set His heart and mind to fulfill, not His own but His Father’s will.
He went to a tree from His Throne, to secure for us an eternal home.
Remember all the disciples’ start, and how God changed their heart,
At times faithless and unsure, but ended bold witnesses of The Lord.
All but one of them lost their life, for the bold witness of Jesus Christ.
God used their witness as the birth, of what today is Christ’s Church.
As we remember those of the past, let us make a mark that will last,
Let us too glorify Christ our Lord, as the others who went on before.
Then others will remember when, we too were saved as sinful men,
To continue on in this New Life, while leading others to Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Bob Gotti )
- Season is unfavorable,, Aftab Alam
- English As My Second Language, Tony Adah
- Without Taking A Breath, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I wonder if all men long for a girl… (ca.., Gert Strydom
- Is it absurd to fall too deep?, Mark Heathcote
- Kindness Begets Kindness, Tony Adah
- कलेजनि अनजालिनिसिम: दोँसे खन्थाय, Bahadur Basumatary
- Deep Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)