Remember those who went before; as believers in Christ our Lord.
Remember men who gave their life, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Those early soldiers of the cross, giving their lives to reach the lost.
In Christ’s power men would embark, upon a battle against the dark.
Remember the cloud of witnesses; God’s inspiration to men like us.
Those who in faith went on before, to serve our Eternal Living Lord.
They left their land and all they knew, as a witness for me and you.
On a new journey they would trod, looking for that city built by God.
Remember also the Cross of Christ; and how He died to give us life.
His Glorious Throne He set aside, then hung upon a cross and died.
He set His heart and mind to fulfill, not His own but His Father’s will.
He went to a tree from His Throne, to secure for us an eternal home.
Remember all the disciples’ start, and how God changed their heart,
At times faithless and unsure, but ended bold witnesses of The Lord.
All but one of them lost their life, for the bold witness of Jesus Christ.
God used their witness as the birth, of what today is Christ’s Church.
As we remember those of the past, let us make a mark that will last,
Let us too glorify Christ our Lord, as the others who went on before.
Then others will remember when, we too were saved as sinful men,
To continue on in this New Life, while leading others to Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Bob Gotti )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Like My Lips Against Yours, Is It Poetry
- Sound Of India, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Refueling My Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God I'll Bake For You, Mr. Nobody
- Exploitation, Akhtar Jawad
- Kill not, kill not, gajanan mishra
- Too filmy, hasmukh amathalal
- What is life we know not, gajanan mishra