Do you remember,
that damp cold foggy night?
Do you remember,
when we reminisced out by the light?
'I think I won't ever forget you,
I know this is too good to be true,
I laid in those flowers you gave to me,
I finally knew that this is where perfection grew.'
And now that I remember,
that brisk Autumn starlight sky.
And now I remember,
it was the time you kissed me by surprise.
'I know I won't ever forget you,
I'll never let you go,
this warmth that you gave to me,
is the only perfect thing I know, I know.'
this was when our love was grown.
if we didn't have each other, we'd be so alone.
Isaak DeMaio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember, Remember by Isaak DeMaio )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Be young at heart, Nero CaroZiv
- And indeed death has a domain, Daisy Pereira
- Listening to the radio in the Afternoon, Angell Afinowi
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi