Hildred Marjorie Schloss
Remembering The Children
Let the children sing,
Let the children dance,
Let the children play,
In a safe and joyful way.
And teach them how to pray.
Let the children walk,
Let the children talk,
To friends, relatives, parents.
Show them all nature's wealth
Let them relate to its health.
Let the children work
At chores selected to fulfill
Full use of energies and will
To compete, to give and enact
The meaning of commitment.
Let the children read
Everything within their reach,
All the things that teach,
And when there's peace within
There'll be peace without.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remembering The Children by Hildred Marjorie Schloss )
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns