Lawrence S. Pertillar
Removing Your Mask
No storm you fear to face,
Is chased away...
When you pursue,
A running away from it.
Nor will obstacles diminish,
To allow you to hide to pretend...
They do not exist.
Or from you will fade to exit,
As you charade a parading of delusions.
The only escape you have,
Is acknowledging reality exists.
With a hope someday you will have one task.
And that's removing your mask to be yourself.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Removing Your Mask by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer