Lawrence S. Pertillar
Removing Your Mask
No storm you fear to face,
Is chased away...
When you pursue,
A running away from it.
Nor will obstacles diminish,
To allow you to hide to pretend...
They do not exist.
Or from you will fade to exit,
As you charade a parading of delusions.
The only escape you have,
Is acknowledging reality exists.
With a hope someday you will have one task.
And that's removing your mask to be yourself.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Removing Your Mask by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai