Lawrence S. Pertillar
Removing Your Mask
No storm you fear to face,
Is chased away...
When you pursue,
A running away from it.
Nor will obstacles diminish,
To allow you to hide to pretend...
They do not exist.
Or from you will fade to exit,
As you charade a parading of delusions.
The only escape you have,
Is acknowledging reality exists.
With a hope someday you will have one task.
And that's removing your mask to be yourself.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Removing Your Mask by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- Anubhava Gitegalu, Shishunala Sharif
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak