Alabaster island in a sea of hate and doom,
Silver streak of lightning in the dark and dreary gloom,
Crimson rivers flowing to the cold and lonely ground,
Drifting fog of silence slowly creeping all around.
Empty voices whisper in the shadows of the night,
Tunnels in the distance ending in unbroken light,
Hopes and fears receding into shapes before unseen,
Shifting thoughts of solace that at one time seemed unclean.
Rocky tracks sketched out across the alabaster shore,
Stormy seas have calmed now and lay silent ever more,
Shadows laid to rest within the warm forgiving ground,
Dreams take shape in sunlight as true peace at last is found.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Renascentia by Arik Fletcher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Prism's Light, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- POET'S EXPENDITURE VS. INCOME, Beryl Dov
- WHAT'S A PROPER TRIBUTE TO ROBIN WILLIAM.., Beryl Dov
- Bangladesh, My Country, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- STOMP 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BOLDNESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- A POET NEEDS CHUTZPAH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- RATIONALITY VS. MADNESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- GOING SOUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov