' Renewal '
If my heart is pained and stripped bare
Is there anyone at all who would care
If I lived or died, screamed and cried,
Sobbed, trembled, choked and sighed?
If I wore my heart upon my sleeve
That for a life not lived well I'd grieve;
Would anyone at all notice my pain
Befriend me for their own gain
After waxing, see none, then wane?
Is it worth it to bare one's soul?
Will I ever be made whole?
That would be my ultimate goal.
Heartaches are taking their toll;
Lord, grant the drudgery a lull.
Upon bended knee
With soul renewed and restored
I thank Thee profusely Dear Lord;
Thou lifted my burden and my heart
Thy love upon my being, please, impart,
So I may become more like Thee,
And Praise Thee...
Carmela Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' Renewal ' by Carmela Patterson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Howdy! Howdy!, Abekah Emmanuel
- In Search of the Woman Thing, David Lewis Paget
- A Shadows Whisper, Spiritwind Wood
- My Hand In Yours, Michael P. McParland
- Little Stick Figures, Margaret Alice Second
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair