Mel (Carmela) Patterson
' Renewal '
If my heart is pained and stripped bare
Is there anyone at all who would care
If I lived or died, screamed and cried,
Sobbed, trembled, choked and sighed?
If I wore my heart upon my sleeve
That for a life not lived well I'd grieve;
Would anyone at all notice my pain
Befriend me for their own gain
After waxing, see none, then wane?
Is it worth it to bare one's soul?
Will I ever be made whole?
That would be my ultimate goal.
Heartaches are taking their toll;
Lord, grant the drudgery a lull.
Upon bended knee
With soul renewed and restored
I thank Thee profusely Dear Lord;
Thou lifted my burden and my heart
Thy love upon my being, please, impart,
So I may become more like Thee,
And Praise Thee...
Mel (Carmela) Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' Renewal ' by Mel (Carmela) Patterson )
- Result of chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Living By His Grace, Gbolagade Taiwo
- To See This Giant, David McLansky
- Atmosphere Of Delight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raggle`, Frank Avon
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)