Responsible and Devastated
I am responsible for when it happens.
When the only God Alive dies in heaven.
The Heaven in whose womb I was conceived.
The Heaven in whose soul I breathed.
The Heaven whose hands brushed my tasseled hair.
The Heaven whose tongue taught me to walk straight.
The Heaven whose finger I held, to make my baby thoughts.
The Heaven whose eyes gave me the sight into my dark endless soul.
The Heaven in whose shriveled, lost eyes, wrinkled skin,
I see the reason of my being.
That Heaven I will kill, without my intent, or wanting.
It is a dark moment for me,
Darker than the Blackest of Black,
Mom How could you even think,
I could be the cause of your death!
But I am like you,
I never shirk from truth,
I will own up that is what I promise,
And cry like a baby on your tomb stone.
For the first time, after your death,
This arrogant proud pig will beg,
To Gods whom I don't care for a cent,
To be born again off you,
As your loving Hadu.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
My inter ventricular septum was just about holding, it was sliced right through, there was one strand holding against all odds, today that too broke, not the relationship of eternal love both the ones, they stand, but my heart was diced finally. I am now reborn.
Comments about this poem (Responsible and Devastated by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(7 October 1948 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- जोमैनि गामियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ogling breasts … 2112-14, saadat tahir
- गोसोखौ बुरखायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Banging, Casey Renee Kiser
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan