Well, you're meeting her on the midnight flight to Memphis.
Taking the red eye to Texas,
I saw the receipt where you bought her a pearl necklace.
I'm so made I'm breathless.
I don't know what to say anymore.
We've been down this road before.
While I'm at home taking care of the children,
You're out taking care of a cheating man's business.
You don't listen to me anymore.
You're a shallow hearted man walking through darkness.
Of the stakes at home,
You choose to make your mistakes.
My emotions have put on their hydraulic brakes.
I realize now.
You're just a fake.
You want your cake.
And eat it too.
I've had enough of you.
I need a man that can be true.
When he walks out that door,
I don't have to worry, who he's going to meet on the dance floor.
I don't have to worry about our life becoming bore.
You know it takes two to make a relationship.
It won't be long before you get on another ship.
You can't make a commitment to just one.
You're always on the run.
Running into another woman's arms',
They'll soon find out it's a short lived charm.
When they feel the strike of your arm,
You'll be alone again.
Feeling the rain,
Of your overdue pain,
I have no sympathy for a man that can't stay faithful.
That's not grateful.
You don't deserve a family.
You just put us through constant agony.
So, take your flight to Memphis,
And meet her in Texas for breakfast.
And leave your family restless.
All because of a senseless man
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Restless by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan