A routine annual clean up
at the start of the New Year!
heaps of used up papers
broken knick knacks-
the contents of her shelf’s drawer,
old and musty.
all too suddenly,
from the charred bones
of a died down funeral pyre,
with lovelorn eyes!
Bursting the bandage of time,
blood and serum oozed out
and once more
a festering wound! !
Time may put an ache to sleep
But anytime it may wake up and peep!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Resurrection by Valsa George )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man
- Happy I go Unhappy I Go, Akhtar Jawad
- Magical Glass of Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Timeless Ticking, Justin Sisson
- With terror, hasmukh amathalal
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- A Woman Strong, Justin Sisson