Almedia Knight Oliver
Return to Me My Lover
I rolled over into an uninhabited space in bed
No arms there to hold my head.
Seems like insomnia lay there, instead.
We lay there listening to the thunder clapping;
Rain on the windowpane tapping
Oh, give mercy to my longing soul!
I miss your heart beating next to mine,
Your lips to sip like wine.
Preoccupation turns into despair
Days and nights rise and disappear
Misery floods my heart.
Dearest, return to me when
Sun appears and disappears
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Return to Me My Lover by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey