Dog goD 8Hate
Returning to Manhattan
Walking across the Roeblings’ prized project,
I gazed out at an impeded dusk setting;
This, as the East River begin to fade…
There was a faint object moving
Close to the Manhattan shore,
Splashing in lurid testimony, it seemed a person.
The frenzy stopped.
What had been desperation’s curious plight
Had turned to an ominous deposition:
Giovanni Nicoli had dealt with his girl friend’s suitor.
He was now free to pursue his presumptive object –
An over-stuffed cannoli oozing ricotta cheese.
I ran back to Brooklyn … for a donut.
Dog goD 8Hate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Returning to Manhattan by Dog goD 8Hate )
- sometimes we all, Ben Paynter
- Difficult to return, gajanan mishra
- Life Is, Andy Caldwell
- Amn't Gone!, Sir Toby
- There Is Nothing In Me, Shalom Freedman
- Just For You, Khairul Ahsan
- Only You, Sonya Annita Song
- Limerick.21. An Advice, Valsa George
- You are welcome, my dear Mother, gajanan mishra
- Not all you get, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Orhan Veli Kanik
(13 April 1914 – 14 November 1950)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)