Dog goD 8Hate
Returning to Manhattan
Walking across the Roeblings’ prized project,
I gazed out at an impeded dusk setting;
This, as the East River begin to fade…
There was a faint object moving
Close to the Manhattan shore,
Splashing in lurid testimony, it seemed a person.
The frenzy stopped.
What had been desperation’s curious plight
Had turned to an ominous deposition:
Giovanni Nicoli had dealt with his girl friend’s suitor.
He was now free to pursue his presumptive object –
An over-stuffed cannoli oozing ricotta cheese.
I ran back to Brooklyn … for a donut.
Dog goD 8Hate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Returning to Manhattan by Dog goD 8Hate )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- July 31,2014, Erica Borges
- Where Did It Go To?, Brian Johnston
- The Unapologetic Apology To My Mother (A.., Maurice Harris
- she is fading and then the night swallow.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston
- looking at the universe in our very call.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Forging On..., David Lessard