Dog goD 8Hate
Returning to Manhattan
Walking across the Roeblings’ prized project,
I gazed out at an impeded dusk setting;
This, as the East River begin to fade…
There was a faint object moving
Close to the Manhattan shore,
Splashing in lurid testimony, it seemed a person.
The frenzy stopped.
What had been desperation’s curious plight
Had turned to an ominous deposition:
Giovanni Nicoli had dealt with his girl friend’s suitor.
He was now free to pursue his presumptive object –
An over-stuffed cannoli oozing ricotta cheese.
I ran back to Brooklyn … for a donut.
Dog goD 8Hate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Returning to Manhattan by Dog goD 8Hate )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Birches, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR