Lawrence S. Pertillar
It is going to get increasingly difficult,
For those who chose to be superficial...
To recognize sincerity to them given,
After dismissing the ones who freely gave it...
As weak and perceived to be easily duped.
And not accept a life lived to experience,
As a process that makes one more direct...
With concerns that are less in the making of impressions,
By some who may consider this the only way to address...
Being uncomfortable with insecurities they can not face,
To erase or admit that keeps them hiding behind deceptions.
One who has already traveled this road loses tolerance easily.
And a sincerity given that has been taken for granted,
Stops abruptly with those too immature and caught up in charades...
To leave them parading in masquerade,
With others of equal limited insights questioning life.
As an aging to not accept each stage of it to process,
But a digressing done on a regular basis...
To stop with futile attempts to prevent a flourishing of a bloom,
For many self deceived perceive this as a strength.
Although revealed everyday are their fears to confront truth.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revealed Everyday by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Summers last leaf, Christopher Fulbirg
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Filled With Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pollinating the battlefield, Christopher Fulbirg
- Enjoying Christmas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Walking, Christopher Fulbirg
- Grasshopper, Christopher Fulbirg
- Sky, Christopher Fulbirg
- This Night That Knows No Sleep, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Lasting Memory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak