It came toward me down at wing and heel,
dirty and unkempt, mumbling incoherently.
Instinctively I reached into my pocket for some coins.
It read my action saying, 'I don't deserve your sympathy,
it's been my fault entirely.'
'What's your name? ' I asked a bit perplexed.
'Annus Horribilis, ' it replied.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (RIDDANCE 2007 by jerry hughes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck