Ace Of Black Hearts
Right Now I Can't Love You
The dust of an old photo, it is all I got left.
And now you want that too.
You can't steal what is in my head.
You can't dry my tears and make this all go away.
I loved her not you.
It's not possible to possess my emotions.
You want me to love an idle image.
When I have memories much stronger, that last so much longer.
Day and years do not just disappear.
No matter how pretty the words are spent.
Twisting my heart into oblivion.
If you can't have me, neither can a dead girl that you never meant.
So much jealousy left and unspent.
Loving her is something you should not resent.
Give me time to mourn, give me time to let go.
This pain is too much like suffocating.
A pillow over my face, slowly less and less breaths escape.
A small but quiet struggle ensues.
Can you not see you are killing me, it is hard enough without add your emotional baggage.
I'm sorry but right now, right now, I can't love you.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Right Now I Can't Love You by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR