I'm opening my eyes,
you're right there with me.
The magic you've given,
courses within you, I see.
I'll follow your breadcrumbs,
listen for your clues.
There are so many of them
that I want to use.
You'll need your space,
then I will need mine.
It's written right on your face,
sounding like a wind chime.
I'll mend myself,
the cuts, they will close.
Though you want to help,
I won't keep too close.
Open your eyes, please,
give me more tries, please.
I won't let you down.
Just don't chain me aside.
Please open your eyes.
I'm right there with you.
I'll be waiting patiently
as time flies by.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Right There by Mike Dolch )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch
- PH: Echo: Embracing The Future, Brian Johnston