I'm opening my eyes,
you're right there with me.
The magic you've given,
courses within you, I see.
I'll follow your breadcrumbs,
listen for your clues.
There are so many of them
that I want to use.
You'll need your space,
then I will need mine.
It's written right on your face,
sounding like a wind chime.
I'll mend myself,
the cuts, they will close.
Though you want to help,
I won't keep too close.
Open your eyes, please,
give me more tries, please.
I won't let you down.
Just don't chain me aside.
Please open your eyes.
I'm right there with you.
I'll be waiting patiently
as time flies by.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Right There by Mike Dolch )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)