Ring Out Ring Out
Ring out Ring Out, herald in the dawn
This was the day the King of Kings
The prince of peace was born
Cry Loud, Cry Clear, let all the nations hear
The heart the soul the love of Christ
All men should hold most dear.
Call Justice, Call Tolerance, the Prince of peace is crowned
Forgive the souls who loose their way
And help them to be found.
Sing out, Sing true, and let all who hear the sound
Rings truth down through the ages
In life his love abounds
Be True, Be blessed, and understand his plight
The time is now to call his name
Forgiveness is his right.
In Freedom, In Light, this is the blessed day
Share with all who care to ask
So they can find their way
Have fun, have peace
with all you hold most dear
Have care keep faith
to face the coming year.
Bob Fletcher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ring Out Ring Out by Bob Fletcher )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai