Come back to me my days of
In your arms my life would last,
No knowledge is divine but ignorance,
My present is blessed
with your remembrance
I want to relive in full glory
the days of childhood,
In this lustful materialistic world
Nothing seems so good.
Like a kid again I falter to speak
Creating language of my own
Better than many senseless sermon.
To laugh to giggle endlessly
Now my amusements are so empty.
To walk around hand in hand
Mom and dad on either side
With my bare foot touching the sand,
Along the trees adorned road
Now I am deserted in a crowd.
Bring back those little friends
With their radiant smile,
That had been missing for a while.
It’s hard to face reality,
My life lacks the simplicity
Like that of my childhood,
For many years to come
Nothing will ever be so fine,
So comeback if you can
The past days of mine.
Seema Aarella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riposte by Seema Aarella )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque