I am a human being, my life should have meaning.
But I live in a world where the heart of love isn't beating.
Where there is greed, war, and a whole lot of bleeding.
I ponder to myself, will it ever end?
Will there ever be any love to extend?
We need a revolution.
But the kids in my generation be slackin.
To caught up in materlistic things.
Exactly what the government wants, NO CRITICAL THINKING.
We are being run by capitalists.
Who could give 2 fucks if we even exist.
As long as they always have some money wrapped up in their fists.
Yes we are enslaved.
Yes we need to be saved.
So stop for one damn minute and look around you.
Their lies are see-through.
Most people will take what is given to them.
Those people should be condemned.
For being as stubborn as the capitlist who dont give a damn.
It's time to break down the fence.
It's time to open up your conscience.
Because it's time to rise against.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rise Against by David Gronski )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak