Roger, Dave and the Fifty Cent Piece
Remembering fellow alumnus Dennis Rodman. You learned so well from your predecessors, Roger and Dave.
Roger and Dave, of all the Epsilon-Theta brothers,
Raunchier by far than all the others!
Always in devious competition
Was their individual mission.
Roger, the epitome of Little Dixie hanky panky.
Dave, the not to be outdone upstate New York yankee.
Both were classic partying football players,
And the ultimate in mischief purveyors.
Cruising in Roger's vintage black Cadillac sedan,
Roguery was always their plan.
Transporting beer kegs to our beach party in a hearse!
Their antics grew steadily worse!
Once even tape recording each other's amorous activities!
Not much in the way of sensitivities.
One late night at the diner Eat 'n Ease,
The kind of place that even the paper napkins were reused and had fleas,
Roger challenged Dave to bed a local hooker!
She was clearly no looker!
Nothing about to brag.
Rumored to carry her own head size paper bag!
Dave to her made no pretense.
Telling her that he was almost broke with only fifty cents!
Taking Dave's money down to his last nickel.
Quickly into the diner storeroom - she was not fickle!
Roger was stunned!
By Dave he was finally outdone?
Dave never let Roger forget
His winning their unusual bet!
Roger's ego was flatter than a road kill cat.
For with his fifty cents she purchased Dave fries to go with THAT!
Hubert Wilson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roger, Dave and the Fifty Cent Piece by Hubert Wilson )
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love is a wonder, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A Hug To Say I Love You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
- Self-centered, Somanathan Iyer
- Human Male, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)