Roll up Roll up
Roll up Roll up! come to the Fair,
roll up roll up! come take a ride.
Come and see the Carousel,
and all the show's on the side.
Coconut Shy's, three balls for a pound.
'Try hitting the target madam,
not the ground!
Fortune Tellers and kiss me quick hats,
Helter Scelter slides, on coconut mats.
Bumper Cars, Ghost Trains,
The rides that thrill, and the Scenic Raiway,
that goes up, and over the hill.
Big Dippers and water rides,
will all give you a scare,
but lets face it folks, that's the fun of the fair.
Toffee apples and peanuts, lot's of stickey treats,
candy floss, burgers, and sugar dummy sweets.
'So come on Dad's, you won't find it a bore,
their's a Rifle Range, where you can score!
Send the kids to the fun house, and Mum to bingo
that's if she can understand the lingo.We have a Picnic Park,
and a place to ramble, and lots of Arcades for those,
who want to gamble.
Gift shops for presents, and postcards to send,
and if the young ones get tired,
we have a pushchair to lend, and if be needed,
there's a bouncy castle, to tie the day up,
in a gift wrapped parcel.
'Roll up Roll up, here I go again,
sorry folks it's now started to rain!
sylvia spencer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roll up Roll up by sylvia spencer )
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
- Lonely mirror ball., Simon Gowen
- NYBADET NAKEN, Gunnar Mo.
- Haiku 'Pebbles', miken newman
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)