Lawrence S. Pertillar
Romanticized As Being Better
It is closer to tomorrow than it is to yesterday.
But it seems as though those yesterdays,
Are romanticized as being better than they were.
With similar conflicts and the same stubborn people,
Who profess how green the grass use to be.
And benches under trees where people sat peacefully.
But from their lips they will not confess or admit,
They were the ones to petition their local governments...
To have the grass gravelled or paved over to replace,
With a fenced in parking lot.
To enable them to charge high prices for space,
That ensures that they will make a fast buck.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Romanticized As Being Better by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Love Is, Cynthia McCoy
- Unlearning, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Pohon Awan (Indonesian), Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- #GivePeaceAChance, Romeo Della Valle
- The song said, george albot
- Gone, Maverick Jones
- old civilization, Aftab Alam
- Aunt Moon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Dune in eye, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loveless lass, Nalini Chaturvedi