Round Two Times A Million
She did it again.
She thought that the cards would work.
They didn't, they just made her feel worse.
The cards reminded her of her past that she wanted to forget.
Her story is unheard, is unspoken,
Her past is unforgotten, forever in her brain.
She runs her hands through her hair,
She doesn't know what to do anymore
Her hands are shaking,
Her eyes are wet with the tears running down her face.
Her arms running down,
Wet with her own blood.
She cut again.
Her time has come,
Are you willing to listen to her sobs,
Hear her story?
She needs support, she feels lost.
She needs her family, her friends.
She is scared of being judged.
People calling her names.
She tried to take her own life,
She was ill for so many days, for so many nights.
She didn't know how to cope.
She was just lost.
She wants you,
She needs you.
She wants support,
She wants love.
I lie to you,
This girl is me.
Are you willing to listen to me?
Listen to my sobs?
Scarlett Outlaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Round Two Times A Million by Scarlett Outlaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler