Round Two Times A Million
She did it again.
She thought that the cards would work.
They didn't, they just made her feel worse.
The cards reminded her of her past that she wanted to forget.
Her story is unheard, is unspoken,
Her past is unforgotten, forever in her brain.
She runs her hands through her hair,
She doesn't know what to do anymore
Her hands are shaking,
Her eyes are wet with the tears running down her face.
Her arms running down,
Wet with her own blood.
She cut again.
Her time has come,
Are you willing to listen to her sobs,
Hear her story?
She needs support, she feels lost.
She needs her family, her friends.
She is scared of being judged.
People calling her names.
She tried to take her own life,
She was ill for so many days, for so many nights.
She didn't know how to cope.
She was just lost.
She wants you,
She needs you.
She wants support,
She wants love.
I lie to you,
This girl is me.
Are you willing to listen to me?
Listen to my sobs?
Scarlett Outlaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Round Two Times A Million by Scarlett Outlaw )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Durgapuri Babu
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney