Samin Jan Kakar
Royal Ways Of Love..
take off your crown and the royal vest
and wear the beggars dress..
before you enter the world of love..
take off your shoes..
expose your delicate feet..
walk on the hurting crust…
walk with your gaze lowered..
breathe a little less..
to tell your beloved
that all you need is not what you breathe..
but the love that is sweet..
the power and strength on which you depend …
are of no use..
dont think about them..
they create heat..
give up your self and all that you are
it wont take you so far
beg for the love
since in the world of love
beggars are Royal they get the grants
they get the greets!
Author ~ Samin
Samin Jan Kakar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Royal Ways Of Love.. by Samin Jan Kakar )
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
- The Day Of Armageddon, Sir Toby
- जिउआ सानसे समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)