Roaming free in the wild,
I wish to be,
Though I am only a child,
Please, please let me run free!
Free to live, free to roam,
Can’t you see,
Running from life, running from home,
Imagine, me running free!
Hiding my feelings and my thoughts,
Sadly, this is me,
Hiding them I know I should not,
Help me to run free!
Through times, troubled and bad,
I did not want to be,
I wish not to think about times that were sad,
I want to be running free!
Through deaths that were hard,
Again and again I see,
My heart and emotions I guard,
I am ready to run free!
My friends and family, to me, are dear,
Yet, they don’t know the real me,
They are close to me, but for them I fear,
Let me go, let me run free!
Joy and happiness seems to escape,
This should not be,
But, it all comes, for everyone, in a different shape,
I am running free!
There in this painfully crushed heart is still love,
Family, friends, and you’ll see
I give thanks and look above,
I am finally free!
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running Free by Ocean Myranda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mary Elizabeth Frye
(13 November, 1905 - 15 September 2004)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Mark Strand
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- What Is A Son?, Robert Edgar Burns
- Wingfoot Lake, Rita Dove
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro