cheryl davis miller
I spoke with a little girl one day
a child of sixty-two.
You ask, 'How's she a child at that age? '
I want to explain to you.
While still quite young she met someone who
was tainted by evil hands.
They introduced her to worldly things
a child can't understand.
As often happens Ruthie withdrew
have I, yet told you her name?
This I'll tell, Ruthie’s life went to hell
M.R. is what they would claim.
This child once bright shoved into the dark
with those who would not progress.
Ruthie complied not breathing a sigh
none questioned why she digressed.
A child’s life altered forever
from all that she may have been.
Sacrificed on the altar of lust
and one sick evil man’s sin.
This story is sad we can agree
it’s one in many out there.
If we'll watch and pray, act in some way
no more this sad tale will share.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ruthie's Story by cheryl davis miller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher
- Withpout A White European Wife, One Cann.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- For Instance, Everything May Be Divisibl.., G.C. Waldrep
- A Bird Is A Desperate, G.C. Waldrep
- Area Of Dog, G.C. Waldrep
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep