S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.)
Goi* you, Rus*, my native land, dear, ,
Huts* - all icons in the copes...
Hardly you could find the edges -
Eyes are sucked by azure only.
As once entered pilgrim now
I'm looking at your fields.
Near the village fences poplars,
Loud ringing, down wither.
Air is full with smell of apples
And of honey, in the churches
There's the Apple Saviour holiday,
All are dancing on the meadows.
I'll run along the path twisting
To the freedom of the greens.
And towards me, as the ear rings,
The girl's laughter will loud jingle.
If the holy host would offer:
'Leave your Rus, live in Edem! '
I would say: 'This way's the wrong way.
Give me just my native land.'
* Goi - is 'Hey' exclamation in ukranian language;
Rus - is the brief name of Russia, 's' - is said as in word 'similar'
Hut in this case is the ukranian name for house
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)