Sad song of a remote village factory girl
Her soft fingers are ideal for a piano reeds to make a classic musical note
But she struggles with hard steel and turn them into tools.
Sharpen tools go to the market and she comes home with a blunt heart.
She re-counts her small daily wage for her wedding dress
But her partner still fights to earn something.
In her fading dreams she hears the wedding bells
While the boy who writes his beautiful curriculum vitae to another World.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad song of a remote village factory girl by nimal dunuhinga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols
- Caged In, Kerri Foxx
- Only faith, I keep, Aftab Alam
- har khel khel liya, Yashvardhan Goel
- Broken, Kerri Foxx
- Take Time, Proud SugarBoe
- Persian cat upon the fence, lee fones
- Tragedy at Nightfall, Kerri Foxx