the sad truth is you'll never be there
the sad truth is you dont care
the sad truth is that you are my grandfather.
this is the sad truth.
you have had every opportunity to be part of my life
you chose not to. how could you have been so uncouth
every one of your peers have worked their hardest to be part of my life.
your own father was a huge influence on me and taught me how to achieve
hard to believe that you come from that stock
and almost impossible to think that you don't want to see
don't wanna see me take that spot.
she would have killed to see me get that paper.
she cant due to being under six feet
six feet of dirt and ne'er again to declare
her pride in us and you choose to keep
out of our life so far removed
you know us not and don't care to.
she will not be allowed to meet at least 2 of her grand children
i bet you wish you could have gotten to know us don't you.
now its too late. you'be burned those bridges and i for one am smolderin'.
we took the hint. we will stay away goodbye pop.
you had your chance now the ball you've dropped.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad Truth by Connor Your )
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)