the sad truth is you'll never be there
the sad truth is you dont care
the sad truth is that you are my grandfather.
this is the sad truth.
you have had every opportunity to be part of my life
you chose not to. how could you have been so uncouth
every one of your peers have worked their hardest to be part of my life.
your own father was a huge influence on me and taught me how to achieve
hard to believe that you come from that stock
and almost impossible to think that you don't want to see
don't wanna see me take that spot.
she would have killed to see me get that paper.
she cant due to being under six feet
six feet of dirt and ne'er again to declare
her pride in us and you choose to keep
out of our life so far removed
you know us not and don't care to.
she will not be allowed to meet at least 2 of her grand children
i bet you wish you could have gotten to know us don't you.
now its too late. you'be burned those bridges and i for one am smolderin'.
we took the hint. we will stay away goodbye pop.
you had your chance now the ball you've dropped.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad Truth by Connor Your )
- सूर्य का अवतरण ढूँढते रह गए (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Young Man on a Bad Trip, Donal Mahoney
- The Golden Gate, Edward Kofi Louis
- Words - The Heart of Imagination?, Darlene Walsh
- With Your Vocation, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- trash bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)