the sad truth is you'll never be there
the sad truth is you dont care
the sad truth is that you are my grandfather.
this is the sad truth.
you have had every opportunity to be part of my life
you chose not to. how could you have been so uncouth
every one of your peers have worked their hardest to be part of my life.
your own father was a huge influence on me and taught me how to achieve
hard to believe that you come from that stock
and almost impossible to think that you don't want to see
don't wanna see me take that spot.
she would have killed to see me get that paper.
she cant due to being under six feet
six feet of dirt and ne'er again to declare
her pride in us and you choose to keep
out of our life so far removed
you know us not and don't care to.
she will not be allowed to meet at least 2 of her grand children
i bet you wish you could have gotten to know us don't you.
now its too late. you'be burned those bridges and i for one am smolderin'.
we took the hint. we will stay away goodbye pop.
you had your chance now the ball you've dropped.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad Truth by Connor Your )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo