Sadness Fills The Room
She sits as the sadness fill the room,
unable to stop the tears that haunt her so.
She stays still and hopes
that no one will come ask her how she feels.
The kids that congregate as they do
trying to find something new to do
as they do not understand yet what has happened.
She smiles at them and prays
they will never know the loss of someone.
She sits and holds a child's jumper without thinking
cuddles it in to herself
as if this small morsel will keep her safe.
She does not recognize the people around her
but keeps nodding to them like a puppet.
How could they know how she feels
or the horrors that come to her
as she shuts her eyes
and sees her daughters life fade.
Drained like a puddle,
she sits there
trying to keep the pain locked inside,
sad and cold she hates the world
for being so unkind.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sadness Fills The Room by maria goodison )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The River! The River!, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Of Respect To The Rose...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR