Sadness We Do Carry Alone
“When you laugh the world laughs with you, ”
I hear my dad say
“but when you cry, you cry alone.”
How much truth these few word do carry,
how much pain and how much reproach
are locked into them?
These were the word that taught me
that when you are hurt you are alone.
You have got to put a mask on
as the outside world
does not experience your pain.
We do carry masks of joy
but never one of heartache
as we do carry heartache alone in our hearts.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sadness We Do Carry Alone by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak