What is 'sanity'?
Can you difine it?
How do you loose it?
How do you stop yourself from loosing it?
Can you see it?
Am I 'sane'?
How do you realy know for shure?
I smile politely,
I wave back when you say hi,
Im still in school,
No plans on droping out,
Im thinking of a plans for the future,
Sound pretty sane to me dont you?
Buts realy going on inside my head?
Realy, i dont even know?
Thiers so much going on inside my head you can never be too sure.
Dont let the mask that I wear fool you.
Dont think my kind words have meaning,
Watch your back because you never realy know a person.
Were all a little insane.
But you realy dont know for shure.
I know i lost sanity long time ago.
Never truly knowing why im here,
Why were all here.
The voices I hear scream at me,
The faces I see are angry and mean,
The things I see neither real thier nor make sense.
But i learn how to seperate my imagination from realatity.
And mabey thats just it,
Maybe I just have a overactive imagination.
But were never shure.
So you can wait till insainity take over you and take control while you pretend everythings fine or let it out.
I finnaly let it out when I was so close to the end.
but now its over.
I found my sanity.
As so you think.
love poems's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sane? by love poems )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- We Will Make it., Tony Adah
- Temptation, Phil Soar
- Are you?, Chris Burrow
- El Viento's Revenge, Nika McGuin
- A Winter Walk, Phil Soar
- The Heart Foretells, Patti Masterman
- Louisiana Weather (Short), Nika McGuin
- Darling Dare, katusiime jeresi
- That And This, Indira Renganathan
- Florette's Woods, Nika McGuin