I once asked Santa for a gift, the best that he could find.
I wanted it to be beautiful, so sweet and very kind.
I wrote this in a letter, and so no one else could see.
I popped it in an envelope and placed it by the tree.
And in the morning when I woke, my present I did find.
A gift that was beautiful, so sweet and very kind.
I believe in Santa clause he brought you here for me.
My very own angel off a Christmas tree.
Carl Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Santa's Gift by Carl Browne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- I Believe, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Peace - a means, gajanan mishra
- GOD'S LOVE, Tom Zart
- I am a woman, Komal Kapoor