Santa vs Banta
I was raised in the tropics,
Chirstmas was in December and a season of frolic.
I remember her, not because I am Christian,
Because pals at school, used to sing carols, and I used to drool.
It wasn't ever chilly, never a shade cold,
But Christmas trees lit up with the warmth of us all.
I did not know then what was a mistletoe,
When I met her, I realised it was a potent scroll.
I stood near your home, near your office, always under a tree,
Waiting for you to come, and for the mistle in you to toe to my plea.
But it didn't grow in our climate, and no one told me that, it was too early,
For google to help me on stuff like that.
You wrote to Santa, just for fun, through emails and he replied back
That shameless old stud,
When I followed suit, requested he grow some here,
He never even replied,
Perhaps it was your smile, or it was your scent,
That got the old man wild.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Santa vs Banta by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Nobody, maryline vautravers
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras