SARAH IS PRINCESS FOR A DAY
Sarah would be Birthday princess for a day
she would have her "Special Krendoll Island Birthday"
even her stuff toys would join in on the fun-
a birthday party celebration had just begun.
Jewels galore would be on her dress
she would blow out the cake
that never made a mess.
For it was a cake that had an electrical switch
Sarah would light up her birthday candle by
going click, click, click.
Now I have photos of her Princess Days…
Sarah all happy when at a very young age.
May the memories of Krendoll island
have a Special place in Sarah's heart—
Melodie doll and UniCandle unicorn
are never far apart…
They are a part of the childhood days gone past
they are happy memories that are sure to last.
Written by Suzae Chevalier on February 26,2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SARAH IS PRINCESS FOR A DAY by Christina Sunrise )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- To Much Rain, Phil Soar
- Darlene comes in you, Dwitun Basumatary
- Call Bridge, Dwitun Basumatary
- unsaid feelings, tulip mayer
- Earth, Robert Ronnow
- Way home on a Train, Dwitun Basumatary
- Our House In Winter, Tony Adah
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi