L C Vieira
There is no moment like this one with you,
no bed as welcoming,
no morning to greet me as you do.
You cover me with goose down
and warm legs around me,
cooling my long-night heat
with frozen grapes for my lips.
Half dreaming, I look out -
your great locust, our tent
beneath its trim of snow.
I move with hunger
long past the generations,
old goddess spilling with me,
scent and slippery stickiness,
You whisper in my ear,
'I love you, I love you, I love you, '
and I smile to know this well.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saturday Morning by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones
- My Love, My God, Lilly Emery
- انتخاب واحد, Zahra Shariat
- Have We Meet Each Other Before?, Poetheart (back)
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery