I look into my Childrens eyes and think,
I gave you to this world.
since the very first breath you took,
in high esteem you've always been held,
I look at you
in total awe,
And see how you've excelled,
You've exceeded all expectations
And I couldn't be more proud.
You're the best thing that ever happened to me,
And the best thing that ever will,
Nothing will ever come close again,
Than that feeling or that thrill,
of the day that you finally arrived,
And I have that feeling still,
For whenever you walk into the room.
I can't help the way I feel.
You light up my whole life with zeal
And make my heart go boom!
Nick Jordan.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saucepan Lids by Nick Jordan. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable