I look into my Childrens eyes and think,
I gave you to this world.
since the very first breath you took,
in high esteem you've always been held,
I look at you
in total awe,
And see how you've excelled,
You've exceeded all expectations
And I couldn't be more proud.
You're the best thing that ever happened to me,
And the best thing that ever will,
Nothing will ever come close again,
Than that feeling or that thrill,
of the day that you finally arrived,
And I have that feeling still,
For whenever you walk into the room.
I can't help the way I feel.
You light up my whole life with zeal
And make my heart go boom!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saucepan Lids by Nick Jordan. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Autism gets in the way, Katinka Havermans
- Withdrawal, Katinka Havermans
- Hills, Jack Growden
- A Carnation and a Tango, Sandra Feldman
- last day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta